IDLdoc 3.3 has been released! To download, head over to idldoc.idldev.com. New features in this release are:
- Created tutorial and reference manual documentation.
- Added embed directive to embed SVG or other graphics formats. For the “latex” comment style,
.svgwill be replaced with
- Directory overview comments can be picked up from a
.idldocfile in each directory. Tags include private and hidden to control the level of visibility of the directory and its contents, as well as author, copyright, and history.
ROUTINE_LINE_CUTOFFSkeyword to control level of warning for number of lines in a routine (only used when
STATISTICSis set). Set
ROUTINE_LINE_CUTOFFSto a two-element array indicating the number of lines that needs to be exceeded before the routine has a warning or is flagged.
- McCabe complexity computed for each routine when
COMPLEXITY_CUTOFFSkeyword to control level of warning for complexity. Set
COMPLEXITY_CUTOFFSto a two-element array indicating the complexity that needs to be exceeded before the routine has a warning or is flagged.
- Added a link in each routine’s details to its source code.
- Improved rst markup style. Headings can be created by underlining with “=” (for level 1 headings), “-” (level 2), or “~” (level 3). Links can be done explicitly via
my websiteor looked up in the scope of the comment’s context, like
my_routineAlso, added title directive so that
.idldocfiles can have a separate title to display (instead of just their filename).
- Added a preformatted markup style which is nearly equivalent to verbatim, but also makes HTML output respect line-breaks.
- Added author, copyright, history, and version tags to the overview file.
- Allow properties of a class to be marked as hidden or private in rst format.
- Small changes to ensure compatible with IDL 8.0.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.