IDLdoc 3.3 has been released! To download, head over to [idldoc.idldev.com](http://idldoc.idldev.com/wiki/Downloads). New features in this release are:
1. Created tutorial and reference manual documentation.
2. Added embed directive to embed SVG or other graphics formats. For the
“latex” comment style, `.svg` will be replaced with `.pdf`.
3. Directory overview comments can be picked up from a `.idldoc` file in
each directory. Tags include private and hidden to control the level
of visibility of the directory and its contents, as well as author,
copyright, and history.
4. Added `ROUTINE_LINE_CUTOFFS` keyword to control level of warning for
number of lines in a routine (only used when `STATISTICS` is set). Set
`ROUTINE_LINE_CUTOFFS` to a two-element array indicating the number of
lines that needs to be exceeded before the routine has a warning or is
5. McCabe complexity computed for each routine when `STATISTICS` set.
Added `COMPLEXITY_CUTOFFS` keyword to control level of warning for
complexity. Set `COMPLEXITY_CUTOFFS` to a two-element array indicating
the complexity that needs to be exceeded before the routine has a
warning or is flagged.
6. Added a link in each routine’s details to its source code.
7. Improved rst markup style. Headings can be created by underlining with
“=” (for level 1 headings), “-” (level 2), or “~” (level 3). Links can
be done explicitly via
or looked up in the scope of the comment’s context, like
Also, added title directive so that `.idldoc` files can have a
separate title to display (instead of just their filename).
8. Added a preformatted markup style which is nearly equivalent to
verbatim, but also makes HTML output respect line-breaks.
9. Added author, copyright, history, and version tags to the overview
10. Allow properties of a class to be marked as hidden or private in rst
11. Small changes to ensure compatible with IDL 8.0.
12. Miscellaneous bug fixes.