IDL 8.1 was released last week during VISualize. This caught me a bit by surprise, but I will do a few posts on 8.1 features in the coming weeks. Here are the basic features:
IDLffVideoWriteclass for high-quality video output in either mp4 or avi files. This uses the FFmpeg library.
- There are now keywords to set event handlers for specific types of events in a new graphic or
- Added methods for new graphics programmatic API.
- Extended longitudes and high-resolution shorelines in MAP using GSHHS map database.
- New methods for
- GRIB read and write programmatic API (containing 38
GRIB_*routines) for UNIX and Mac OS X only.
- KML/KMZ output options in new graphics
- Workbench now comes with source control plugins for git, Subversion, CVS, and Perforce.
There are more features, so check the “What’s New” for more details.