![Michael Galloy][avatar] I'm a software developer focusing on high-performance computing and visualization in scientific programming. I work mostly in IDL, but occasionally use C, CUDA, Python, bash scripting, etc.
I am currently a Research Mathematician at [Tech-X Corporation][txcorp]. My projects involve maintaining several commercial products (all IDL libraries):
1. [GPULib][gpulib] (GPU accelerated IDL code),
2. FastDL (mpiDL and TaskDL, parallel processing from within IDL), and
3. the Remote Data Toolkit (easy to use OPeNDAP and netCDF bindings).
I also maintain and develop several open source projects in IDL. The most used are:
1. [IDLdoc] (a utility for generating documentation from IDL source code),
2. [mgunit] (a unit testing framework for IDL), and
3. [rIDL] (a enhanced command line interface to IDL).
Last year I wrote a book, [Modern IDL][modernidl]. It covers beginning through advanced topics in using IDL, including direct graphics, object-oriented programming, object graphics, and other techniques to get the most out of IDL. See the [website][modernidl] for purchasing, sample chapter, code examples, and more.
For more details about me, see my [CV][cv] and [resume].
mgalloy at gmail dot com
1342 Marshall St. Apt A
Boulder, CO 80302
[modernidl]: http://modernidl.idldev.com "Modern IDL"
[IDLdoc]: http://github.com/mgalloy/idldoc "IDLdoc"
[mgunit]: http://github.com/mgalloy/mgunit "mgunit"
[ridl]: http://github.com/mgalloy/ridl "rIDL"
[txcorp]: http://txcorp.com "Tech-X Corporation"
[cv]: http://michaelgalloy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/mgalloy-cv.pdf "Curriculum vitae"
[resume]: http://michaelgalloy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/mgalloy-resume.pdf "Resume"